If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've eaten them many times at my sister's (its her recipe!) home. Am excited to make them at my own! —Heather Phelps-Lipton
Makes 4-6 tortillas
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt (a fat pinch is best)
- .5 cups water
- Mix the salt & flour, rub in butter (like pie crust).
- Knead in water. The dough should not be sticky.
- Roll thinly, but not too thin & slap onto a cast iron pan that is just beginning to smoke.
- Flip when it starts to bubble. We flip ours three times. Practice makes perfect with these lovelies, you'll never go back!