If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick and easy to make these quinoa patties are gluten free and oil free. Packed full of essential nutrients they make an excellent party dish as they can be prepared ahead of time and popped in the oven before serving. The herb dressing has a bright, fresh flavor and adds the essential oils to this meal. —Annalisa @ Joy of Yum
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 6 ounces cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon agar agar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- Optional: tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Place the well rinsed quinoa in a small saucepan with 1 1/3 cups of water, bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Pour into a sieve to drain out the excess water. Reserve the water just in case it is needed later.
- Place the almonds into a food processor and chop well. Place in another bowl and set aside.
- Break the cauliflower into chunks and place in a food processor, pulse until well chopped.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, including the almonds, to the processor and combine well. Add a little of the reserved water if needed until you are able to form little patties.
- Form patties about 3 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the patties on a lightly oiled cookie tray. (Use a double layer cookie tray so that the patties brown gently). Bake for 22 – 28 minutes. Turn the patties twice so that they brown nicely on both sides.
Parsley and Cilantro Dressing
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 handful cilantro
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- little extra nut or rice milk if needed
- salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add rice or nut milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Fill the little stacks of quinoa patties with thinly sliced veggies of your choice and liberally pour over the herb dressing. Serve the quinoa patties with a big green salad.