If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kristen Kish, the winner of Top Chef Season 10, is no stranger to oysters. For one thing, she cut her culinary teeth in Boston, a seafood-obsessed city if there ever was one, while cooking at Michelin-star Chef Guy Martin's Sensing and Barbara Lynch's Stir.
This particular dish made an appearance during the quickfire challenge on Episode 8 of the Seattle-based season. Kish and her competitors were asked to prepare oysters hot or cold. The catch? The chefs harvested the bivalves themselves in Bow, Washington. Needless to say, the fresher oysters you can get, the better. —Top Chef
Makes 6 oysters
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Serrano chili
- 1 fennel stalk (bulb removed)
- 6 oysters, with liquor reserved
- Celery leaf
- Heat the honey in a pot until bubbly. Add the tomatoes, fennel, and chili. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the mixture and strain. Finish with salt and oyster liquor, then remove from heat.
- Add oysters to the broth and warm through. Pour oysters and broth into shell. Add celery leaf for garnish.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!