Author Notes: When somewhere in the middle of summer I get tired of salads but steal wont to enjoy fresh vegetables, I make this very tasty, quite satisfying and refreshing Smoothie —Kukla
Makes: about 3 to 4 glasses, depending of the glass size
• About 3 large ripe tomatoes, quickly blanched, peeled and chopped
• Flash of 1 large or 2 medium ripe Hass avocados
• Any of your favorite fresh herbs to taste, such as cilantro, basil or mint leaves , roughly chopped (I used mint)
• 1 cup of yogurt drink or whey, or plain yogurt or buttermilk (I used yogurt drink)
• Cayenne pepper or Hot Paprika or hot sauce to taste
• Salt to taste
• Lime or lemon juice to taste
- Start by placing your cocktail glasses into the freezer.
- Puree the tomatoes in a blender and then, using a wooden spoon, push the pulp through a fine mesh strainer to a bowl, set aside.
- Place avocado, herb leaves and celery onto the blender; blend, gradually adding tomato puree, yogurt drink, whatever spice you are using, salt and lime or lemon juice.
- Taste and add what you think is needed; pour the Smoothie into a frosty glass and enjoy.