If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a mayo based caesar dressing, made quickly in the blender. I usually double or triple the recipe, so I have dressing for the next day too! Adapted from a Food & Wine recipe from Frank Castronovo and Frank Falcinelli and served in a restaurant aptly named Frankies, I think it's in Brooklyn. It's the best I've made. The original recipe does not call for lemon and I I missed that flavor and i wanted a bit more garlic. This recipe is what I ended up with. Served it for my DH 50th birthday and make it often now. —Mrs. G
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino cheese
- shaved pecorino shavings for topping, optional
- anchovy fillets, for topping salad optional
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and boiled for 30 seconds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce of choice
- 1 pound romaine
- ground black pepper, optional
- In a blender, combine the mayonnaise with the 3 tablespoons of grated pecorino, 1 anchovy and the water, lemon, vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire and Tabasco. Process until smooth. (note, you can smash or put the garlic through the press. The garlic is boiled for 30 seconds just to take some of the "bite" out of the raw garlic, especially since there's a good amount of garlic.).
- You may rip the romaine into bite size pieces, or leave the leaves whole. In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine with the dressing and season with black pepper.
- Garnish with pecorino shavings and anchovy fillets and serve right away.