If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasting brings out the cabbage's natural sweetness and the mellow flavor is enhanced by the fruity richness of the coconut oil, the salty and the smoky sweetness of the maple syrup. It all adds up to a bit of a West Indian feel. —Eve Fox
- 1 head cabbage
- 2-3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- Turn the oven on to 325. Rinse the cabbage, remove any wilted outer leaves. Cut it in half and remove the tough inner core and stem from both halves. Slice into 1/4 inch strips and mound on a thick baking sheet.
- Pour the coconut oil, soy sauce and maple syrup over the mound and use your hands to mix it up, making sure all the cabbage is well-coated in the mixture.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes to ensure even cooking, until the cabbage is soft and tender and some of the thinner strips have turned brown and crispy. If you slice it thinner, it will cook more quickly, thicker strips take a little bit longer - hence the range in cook time above.