If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up I loved squash casseroles that were made with lots of yummy fat and processed ingredients. I was able to modify a recipe with lots of goodness and make it less processed and gluten free. —PaulaG
- 3 to 4 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup corn flakes, gluten free, crushed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Hungarian Paprika
- In a small saucepan add squash, onion, salt to taste and 1/4 c. water. Bring to boil over medium heat. Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until squash is barely tender. Drain.
- In a medium bowl beat the mayo, yogurt and egg together. Add in drained squash/onion mixture and cheddar cheese, season to taste with salt and pepper and pour into a 1 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Toss the corn flakes with the melted butter and sprinkle over casserole. Lightly sprinkle with Hungarian Paprika.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Serve hot from the oven.