Author Notes: Loaded potatoes are one of my favorite meals, and this brown rice, chickpea, and pecan crumble adds a great, filling addition. —Erin (Naturally Ella)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 potato, baked
- Cilantro, for serving
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cooked brown rice, pecans, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pulse a few times until mixture comes together and resembles coarsely ground meal.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add mixture to the pan (if you're using a pan that sticks, add a little olive oil). Stirring occasionally, heat the mixture until fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the barbecue sauce, starting with 1 to 2 tablespoons and adding more as you like. Or alternatively, use the barbecue sauce as a drizzle.
- To serve, cut the baked potato in half lengthwise and mash each half to create a boat. Spoon the crumble mixture over, drizzle with barbecue sauce, and finish with a sprinkle of cilantro.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!