If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this recipe from an Australian site, and ever since I keep doing this loaf because it is so easy and quick to prepare! The coconut provides such a silky texture and the blueberries all their freshness. A winning combination! —bonheurcuisine
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shredded desiccated coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries /2 tbsp desiccated coconut to garnish
- Preheat oven to 160 º C / 325 ° F. Grease and line a 2 1/2 " deep, 4" x 10" inch (base) loaf baking tin. Allow the lining to hang over 1" on the long sides of the tin
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add almond meal, sugar and desiccated coconut. Stir to combine
- Whisk coconut milk , eggs and coconut oil in a jug until combined. Add to the dry ingredients and fold
- Fold the blueberries into the batter and pour into the prepared tin. Smooth the surface and sprinkle the extra desiccated coconut on top
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to stand for 10 minutes and unmold on a rack to cool
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe