If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My neighbor gave me a huge, over-mature yellow summer squash. Not wanting to waste anything, I peeled, seeded, chunked, and steamed it, threw it in the food processor with an excess of butter, some kosher salt, garlic powder, and pepper and instantly regretted all those times that I composted mine. —Ellen
Makes about 4 cups, depending on the size of the squash
- 1 4-5 pound over-mature yellow summer squash
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cut the squash into chunks and then peel and seed each one.
- Cook in a steamer basket until just tender.
- Place the steamed squash and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and puree.