If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This porridge can make any stomach happy, and ease away discomfort and distress. With chia, flax, oats, and a ton of probiotics, you have all the ingredients to treat your belly right. —Poppies and Papayas
- 1/4 cup dry oats, gluten-free
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia/flaxseed mixture (1/2 and 1/2)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup hazelnut milk (or any other milk)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup blueberriesPlace the oats, chia/flaxseed mixture, coriander, and sea salt into a small saucepan. Add water and cook over medium, stirring often. Allow the mixture to become gelatinous, as the chia seeds soak up the water. Add the hazelnut milk and cook to
- Place the oats, chia/flaxseed mixture, coriander, and sea salt into a small saucepan. Add water and cook over medium, stirring often. Allow the mixture to become gelatinous, as the chia seeds soak up the water. Add the hazelnut milk and cook to desired consistency. Make sure to stir, to keep the mixture from sticking to the bottom. Remove from heat when done.
- Place the Greek yogurt into the center of a medium bowl and carefully pour the porridge around the yogurt. Drizzle maple syrup over top. Then pour the kefir over top until it evenly covers the porridge.
- Quickly heat the blueberries in a glass bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. You can also heat them in a small saucepan on the stove instead. To garnish the porridge as shown in the picture, carefully pour the blackberry liquid in a circular fashion and spoon the berries into the center. Viola! You are done. Of course you can also mix everything together if you don’t care for the presentation.
- Cooking Tip: If you are not getting much flavor from your ground coriander try using a motor and pestle and grind up the whole seeds fresh, that way you get more of the essential oils, which carry the flavor and the medicinal powers.