If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first created this recipe for my cheesecake loving, berry munching dad. The recipe is pure indulgence. The cheesecake ice cream, blueberry compote and honey graham cracker crumble are the perfect combination for an addicting and day brightening dessert. This ice cream won't last long in the freezer.
Cheesecake recipe adapted from http://www.emerils.com/125911/cheesecake-ice-cream-blueberry-syrup. —Shaylyn Esposito
Makes 1 quart
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice of half a lemon
- Lemon zest of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup crushed honey graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare your ice cream machine according to your manufacturers instructions. Put a large mixing bowl in the refrigerator to cool for at least an hour.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar in the chilled bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in the heavy cream, sour cream, lemon juice (half of a lemon), lemon zest and vanilla extract. Mix on high until fluffy. Cover with saran and put in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice (2 tsp) and water, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture boils, lower the heat. Cook for a couple more minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and cool until room temperature.
- After the ice cream mixture has chilled, pour it into the ice cream machine and mix according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, pour in the crushed graham crackers, melted butter and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Once the ice cream is ready, pour half of it into a large Tupperware container. Drizzle half of the blueberry compote on top of the ice cream with a spoon. With a toothpick, swirl the blueberry compote. Spread half of the graham cracker crumble on top of the cheesecake ice cream and blueberry mixture. Repeat. Put the lid on the container and freeze for at least an hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe