If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The cascading Burrata spread atop toasted baguette slices is the perfect alfresco appetizer. The creamy pool swirls with the vibrant green pesto and the pea polka dots just dance off the platter. —Twin Tastes
- 1 baguette cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (8) ounces Burrata ball
- 2 teaspoons fresh peas, plus an extra 1/4 c
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper throughout
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush both sides of the sliced baguette with the 2 T of EVOO and set on top a grill or in an oven until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, submerge the peas in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and let cool. Add the 2 cups of peas, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, Parmigiano Reggiano and mint to a food processor and puree until coarse. Stream in the EVOO until smooth (add more EVOO if not smooth enough). Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a pool of the pea puree onto a serving place. Top with with the burrata cheese ball. Pour over more pea pesto, a drizzle of EVOO and salt and pepper. Garnish with the 1/4 cup of peas and any flowers you may have in your garden. Serve spread atop the toasted baguette.