If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While many drink juice to start the day, we enjoy a nice juicetail to end the day. We shake up gin, fresh cucumber juice, lime and a minty simple syrup. Cool, crisp and tangy! —Twin Tastes
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 English Cucumber, plus 2 paper-thin slices for garnish
- 3 ounces gin (Hendrick’s)
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- In a small saucepan, heat 1/8 cup of water with the 1/4 cup of granulated sugar over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh mint leaves. Let the syrup steep for 1 hour.
- Cut the English Cucumber into large chunks and throw it through a juicer. If you do not have a juicer, you can puree the cucumber in a blender or food processor, then push the pulp through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour in the cucumber juice, gin, lime juice and 2 ounces Minty Simple Syrup. Shake vigorously and pour over ice with a cucumber round float.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail