Author Notes: The combination of sweet fruit, salty cured meat and creamy cheese makes this a delicious, summery salad. —asweetmuddle
grams baby spinach
spring onions (scallions), finely sliced
baby mozzarella balls
tablespoons almond flakes, toasted
extra virgin olive oil
good quality sherry vinegar
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Grill or fry the prosciutto slices until crisp. Leave to cool, then break into smaller pieces.
- Meanwhile, halve and peel the peaches, then cut each half into thick slices – between 4 to 6 slices per half, depending on the size of the peaches.
- Divide the baby spinach and spring onions between two plates or bowls, then arrange the peach, prosciutto and baby mozzarella on top.
- Scatter the toasted almonds on top, then drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and a splash of sherry vinegar.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.
- Notes: You could easily use nectarines instead of peaches; toasted pine nuts or pistachios instead of almonds; and rocket (arugula) or watercress instead of baby spinach.