Author Notes: Make grocery store style lofthouse sugar cookies with no refrigeration necessary. —iHeartRuthie
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Almond Extract
- 5 cups Cake Flour (Sifted)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Poweder
- Step 1: Cream your butter (softened to room temperature), shortening, and sugar all together.
- Step 2: Add in your almond extract , vanilla and egg. Mix together evenly and until the batter is a creamy off-white color.
- Step 3: Slowly add in your sifted cake flour. Make sure to only add ½ cup to 1 cup at a time. Your mixture will turn out beautifully once all combined. Add in your 2 tsp of baking powder once you’re done adding cake flour.
- Roll out dough on floured surface and use cookie cutters make cookies. Place on pan to bake. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.