If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy to make quiche with most of the items from your weekly CSA (Kale, Carrots, Onion, Garlic and Tomato).
Originally posted by Mattsbelly at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/summer-garden-crustless-quiche/ —Michael Hummel
Makes 1 9" quiche
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 grinds fresh black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 7.5 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pie dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot oil until garlic is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add kale, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir tomato and carrots into kale mixture; cook for 5 more minutes. Remove skillet from heat
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl. Stir Cheddar cheese, kale mixture, and parsley into egg mixture; pour into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until quiche is set in the middle and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in pie dish for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.