If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A nice summer potato salad that works with any piece of meat — preferably a grilled steak. —Peter Steen Høgenhaug
- 3 pounds small potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 red peppers
- 15 spring onions
- 3 garlic bulbs
- 20 San Marzano tomatoes (other small tomatoes will work as well)
- lots of cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 250 grams feta cheese (or other greek style cheese)
- 1 handful basil
- Heat up your oven to 220 ℃ (430 ℉).
- Cut your potatoes in boats of the same size, mix them with olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in the oven. They need about 30 minutes to get crisp.
- Find a new tray and throw in the red peppers in long slices.
- Cut the spring onions in large pieces (if they're small, just cut off some of the top) and add the onions to the tray.
- Cut the two garlic bulbs in two halves, so every clove is divided in two. Add the garlic to the tray.
- Top the tray with olive oil and lots (LOTS) of cracked black pepper, and put the tray in the oven above the potatoes. The vegetables will need about 20 minutes. Don't worry if it gets a little black, that's only nice.
- 5 minutes before the vegetables are done, add the tomatoes to the tray.
- Roast the cumin seeds on a hot pan until they start to darken (shake the pan often), and crush them with a mortar and pestle.
- Grab a bowl and mix the potatoes with the vegetables, feta and cumin. Tear the basil and mix in that, too, just before serving.
- Enjoy with a nice grilled steak or pork chop — and a glass of red wine.