If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summer fruits don't have to be just for dessert. This is a delicious, healthy, vegetarian, gluten-free summer salad using seasonal produce. —Anna Barnett
- 4 handfuls Lambs Lettuce
- 1 cup Green Lentils - Tinned and ready to eat work well and save time
- 250 grams Feta Cheese - Roughly crumbled
- 2 Hass Avocados - Cut into rough chunks
- 4 Organic Eggs - Boiled and cut into quarters
- 2 cups Blackberries
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 2 cups Cherries
- 1 handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Harissa Paste
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Generous pinches Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Juice of Half an Orange
- Start by preparing all ingredients as noted. Boil your eggs for 6-7 minutes in boiling water before cooling under cold water. Thoroughly wash all the salad and fruit. Chop the radishes into quarters, scoop out the avocado and roughly combine with the lambs lettuce and lentils.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar then shake until roughly combined. Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Pour over the salad and gently mix so everything is lightly coated.
- Finally sprinkle over the feta and along with the blackberries, strawberries and cherries garnish the dish. Finally add some fresh basil and serve immediately so the salad stays fresh and crisp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe