If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Market cauliflower is t it's peak so grab some at your local market and assemble —zeldie
cups Grated cauliflower (2 medium heads) preferably from green market
Medium sweet onion grated
Corn grated off the cob
teaspoons Freshly ground pepper
Handful fresh parsley coarsely chopped
Optional: 1/2 cup of any leftover vege you have in fridge
- Grate raw cauliflower on box grater on shredder side into large bowl until you get to tough main stem which you don't grate
- Into same bowl Grate raw onion on box grater on shredder side
- Into same bowl Grate raw corn on grater : just get the kernels: takes one or two swipes on grater
- Add salt pepper and 5 beaten egg yolks. Mix gently till incorporated. Heat oven to 350. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil or any oil into oval or round baking dish. Place on middle rack in oven so oil will get hot.
- While oven and dish is heating beat the 5 egg whites till soft peaks form. Add a pinch of salt midway .
- Gently toss the cauliflower mix into the egg whites . Taste for seasoning. You might need more salt and pepper depending on your taste .
- If you have any bits of leftover peas or potatoes or chicken or mushrooms up to 1/2 cup you can toss it in.
- Carefully pull out hot dish from oven and pour mixture into hot oil. It should hiss a bit . Pat down gently and bake till golden. About 1/2 hour. I like to serve this with market fresh tomatoes tossed with balsamic vinegar, oil, basil and pinch of salt and pepper.