If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What do you do when you want both semi junk and Healthy rolled into one..You make this salad. I'm a sucker for Indian junk foods and my favorite has got to be the Bhel Puri. but plain puffed rice with just the veggies and none of the deep fried additions.. just does not cut it. The mouth feel textural factor is so crucial and using Farro was the perfect solution. —Panfusine
Makes 3-4 salad sized servings
- 1 package pre cooked Farro (I used one pack from Trader Joe's)
- 1 cup diced heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup diced kirby cucumbers
- 1 cup diced Candy onions
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
Cilantro mint dressing
- 1/3 cup Cilantro Mint chutney*
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- a couple of cracks of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- * the recipe link for the cilantro mint chutney : https://food52.com/recipes/12414-basic-cilantro-mint-chutney
- In a small smoothie blender jar, combine all the ingredients for the dressing (except for the salt), pulse until the mixture has a smooth creamy consistency.
- Cook the Farro as per the instructions of the Package. Drain and combine with the diced tomatoes, cucumbers and Candy onions. Drizzle the dressing over the Farro and fold until the dressing coats the salad. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Toss in the Blueberries and raspberries just prior to serving. Serve chilled, or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe