If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is what I call a breakfast deluxe. Croissants make every morning feel special but filling them with brie and strawberries makes them even more luscious. I added lettuce leaves for some extra color and the additional texture they provide. To be honest, this can hardly be called a recipe. However, I felt that it's just too delicious not to be shared. I was, actually, introduced to this dish at quite a young age. My mom claimed that this was "overly delicious". I was skeptical to say the least, but it didn't take me long to get to appreciate it as much as she did. You can use good quality store-bought croissants or make your own ones.
Although I most often enjoy these for a late Sunday breakfast or brunch, they are also great to serve at a get-together instead of sandwiches or sliders. —Sini | My Blue&White Kitchen
- 1 croissant
- flavorful lettuce, such as Red Salanova, washed & dried
- brie, sliced
- strawberries, washed, hulled, & sliced
- Using a serrated knife, cut the croissants in half horizontally without cutting all the way through. We want to make a kind of pocket for our fillings. Fill the croissants with lettuce, brie, and sliced strawberries. Honestly, it is impossible to overload them with strawberries so be generous with them.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee (either warm or iced) or a glass of freshly squeezed juice. Et voilà!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe