Author Notes: After foraging all sorts of wild berries in Sweden, this roasted jam recipe honours the pure and perfect simplicity of a summer strawberry.
More here: http://www.wander-crush.com/2014/07/28/foraging-sweden-strawberry-jam/ —Irina Wang (wandercrush)
Makes: 1 cup
grams strawberries / wild strawberries
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Wash strawberries. If using larger conventional strawberries, hull and quarter them.
- Combine ingredients in a shallow baking dish.
- Roast for 2-3 hours, mixing a few times until berries are shrivelled and reduced to a syrupy consistency.
- Let cool to room temperature, puree to desired texture (optional if you prefer strawberry chunks!), transfer to an airtight jar, and store in the refrigerator for up to a few weeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe