If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After foraging all sorts of wild berries in Sweden, this roasted jam recipe honours the pure and perfect simplicity of a summer strawberry.
More here: http://www.wander-crush... —Irina Wang (wandercrush)
Makes: 1 cup
grams strawberries / wild strawberries
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Wash strawberries. If using larger conventional strawberries, hull and quarter them.
- Combine ingredients in a shallow baking dish.
- Roast for 2-3 hours, mixing a few times until berries are shrivelled and reduced to a syrupy consistency.
- Let cool to room temperature, puree to desired texture (optional if you prefer strawberry chunks!), transfer to an airtight jar, and store in the refrigerator for up to a few weeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe