A great meal to make ahead and also great for "hiding" veggies for the kids - this lasagne is sure to be a big success in your house! Also perfect for those eating gluten free, just substitute rice pasta. —Liza's Kitchen NYC
- Serves 8-12
Lasagne Noodles (the straight to the oven kind is best, use rice pasta for a gluten free version)
Whole Milk Ricotta
Low Moisture Shredded Mozzerella Cheese
Package Frozen Spinach
Large Red Pepper
White Button Mushrooms
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees with a rack in the center.
- Slice the zucchini, mushrooms, and pepper thinly and evenly. Set aside for later.
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave and drain all excess water.
- Chop the basil and incorporate it into the ricotta.
- Pour about 3 cups tomato sauce into the bottom of a lasagne dish and spread evenly until there is a thin coating on the bottom. Then lay 3 lasagne sheets across the bottom spacing them evenly.
- Spoon 1/3 of the ricotta onto the sheets, spreading it around as evenly as possible. Then sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella over it.
- Place 1/2 of zucchini evenly on top of the cheese layer, then place mushrooms and peppers into the empty spaces. Put a very thin layer of tomato sauce on top.
- Add another layer of pasta, then repeat with the remaining vegetables, adding the 1/2 spinach this time.
- Add another layer of pasta, then sprinkle remaining spinach, then ricotta, then add the remaining tomato sauce making sure all of the pasta is covered. Then add the rest of mozzarella on top, then the Parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven for approximately an hour. You may need to cover it about half way through so the cheese doesn't burn.