Author Notes: You'll never believe that this shake is made with as few ingredients as it is, or that they're all so ridiculously wholesome. Feel free to experiment a little with the non-dairy milk base you use, as well as the nut butter (cashew, coconut, and sunflower seed butter will all work; so will peanut butter, though the taste will be strong). This is a good recipe to treat more as a template than a prescription. —Gena Hamshaw
Makes 4 small or 2 large servings
- 2 ripe medium or large bananas, peeled, chopped into pieces, and frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (soy or hemp milk will work well, too)
- Blend all ingredients till smooth, adding a little more almond milk as needed. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!