If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh berries are macerated in a rosé syrup and then dolloped with whipped cream for a no-fuss, special dessert. —EmilyC
Food52 Review: If rosé is considered the perfect summer drink, this may just be the perfect summer dessert. The syrup is delicious and well-balanced—the rosé gives it depth and prevents it from tasting too sweet, while the generous amount of lemon zest livens the flavor. The cool, syrupy berries topped with fresh whipped cream feels so decadent, and yet it takes about 15 minutes to pull everything together (not including chilling time). This is my new go-to for dessert when friends are over—simple, delicious, cool and fresh. Perfect for summer. —Jennalose
Serves: 4 to 6
cup rosé wine (one that you enjoy drinking)
cup turbinado sugar
Zest from 1 large lemon, removed in strips with sharp vegetable peeler
cups fresh mixed berries (any combination of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries) and/or sweet cherries, stemmed and pitted
cup whipped cream (the Genius yogurt whipped cream on this site is perfect here!)
- In a small saucepan, bring the wine, sugar, and lemon peel to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the syrup slightly thickens. Take off the heat, and let cool until just slightly warm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Place the berries in a bowl and gently pour the syrup over the berries (including the lemon peel). Gently press down on the berries until they're fully submerged in the syrup. Cover and refrigerate until fully chilled, 1 to 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon the berries into your favorite bowls, goblets, or compote dishes, and pour a little of the syrup over the berries. Top with a big dollop of whipped cream.
- Save any leftover rosé syrup and add it to still or sparkling water, lemonade, or a cocktail.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe