If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to use a shortbread crust, either store bought or make your own, this recipe will fill a 9 inch pie crust. —Brian Armstrong
Vanilla Walnut Oatmeal
- 1 cup Quick oats
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 9 inch shortbread pie crust
- 2 cups Fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 2 cups Fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Raspberries: Add 1/2 cup sugar to a medium fry pan, cook over medium heat for 1 min & stir with spatula, add rinsed raspberries & stir as they cook down. Once a syrup begins to form, add 2 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tsp lemon juice & stir well. Once thickened, add to bottom of pie crust, evenly spreading over entire crust.
- Oatmeal: In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients & cook over low heat, occasionally stirring. When oats begin to stick to your spoon, remove from heat & let sit. Once cooled, stir egg in & add to pie, on top of raspberries.
- Blueberries: Add 1/2 cup sugar to a medium fry pan, cook over medium heat for 1 min & stir with spatula, add rinsed blueberries & stir as they cook down. Once a syrup begins to form, add 2 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tsp lemon juice & stir well. Once thickened, add top of oatmeal, spreading evenly over entire pie.
- Bake at 350f for 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes, cook, serve & enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe