If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious protein packed French Toast recipe. —fitlexyskitchen
- 4 pieces Ezekiel Bread
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder (can omit)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Truvia
- pinches of Salt
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup Blueberries (lightly mashed)
- In a shallow bowl mix together egg whites, protein powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, truvia, and salt.
- Soak the four slices of bread in the egg mixture. While bread is soaking, mix together the stuffing mixture in a small bowl (except the blueberries). Set aside.
- Once the bread has soaked in on both sides. Take half the cottage cheese mixture and spread it on 2 slices of the soaked bread.
- 4. Take the mashed blueberries and spread onto the cottage cheese.
- Take the other 2 remaining slices and place on top of the blueberry cottage cheese mixture.
- In a large pan on medium heat, spray with nonstick oil. Once pan is hot, place the two sandwiches and cooked until browned (3-4 minutes), flip sandwiches and continue to cook until browned. Top with your favorite french toast toppings!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe