If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
small apricots (look for Blenheim), sliced into eight segments
cup crème fraîche
4 to 6
amaretti cookies, crushed see recipe below
mint leaves, torn in pieces
- Evenly portion the sliced apricots into shallow glasses or plates.
- Top each one with a drizzle of honey followed by a tablespoon of crème fraiche.
- Sprinkle each serving with cookie crumbs and the torn mint leaves.
Amaretti Cookies (makes 20-24 cookies)
ounces can almond paste
cup ultrafine baking sugar
tablespoon amaretto liquer
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend the almond paste and sugar in a food processor fitted with a steal blade until it will looks grainy, like wet sand.
- Pulse in the liqueur, salt, and vanilla until combined.
- Add egg whites one at a time until combined, about two minutes in the food processor.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment or silicone. Pipe the dough into 1" mounds or use a teaspoon to drop them onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes and turn off the oven off.
- Leave in the oven anywhere from one hour (if you want the cookies to be less crunchy) or up to eight hours (overnight). The longer you leave them in the oven the more golden in color they will turn.
More Great Recipes: