If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the smoothest flavored pudding you will ever find. The vanilla and chai flavors meld perfectly to deliver a beautiful taste. For explanations of the science and techniques used in this recipe and others visit darkchocolatealchemist.com —Alchemist
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 teaspoons masala chai leaves (4 servings worth)
- 1/2 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- Combine milk, cream, chai leaves, and ¼ cup of sugar in a medium pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer. When a simmer is reached, take the pot off of the stove.
- Beat egg yolks, ¼ cup of sugar, vanilla extract, and cornstarch in a medium, heat proof bowl.
- Temper the egg mixture into the cream pot: While beating, slowly pour about 1/3 of the milk mixture into the egg mixture. Then while stirring, slowly pour the egg-milk mixture into the main milk pot.
- Heat this pan on medium low until thickened. Remember to constantly stir the pot. The pudding should coat the back of the spoon. Another way to determine if it is done is to dip a spoon into the pudding. Then use your finger to make a line on the back of the spoon. If the line remains in the spoon (ie. None of the pudding drips to cover up the line) then the pudding is ready. DO NOT OVERHEAT.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl. Then refrigerate for about 3 hours or until cool. Cover the top with plastic to avoid pudding skin formation.