If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These grilled chicken thighs are made with my new favorite spice rub, which dresses up chicken thighs for a weeknight meal or summer barbecue! —Primal Palate
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Mix the salt together with all of the spices in a small mixing bowl.
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry so that the skin is still just slightly moist (to help the spices adhere).
- Liberally dust the skin of the chicken thighs with the spice blend.
- Prepare your grill pan or grill to moderate heat with a cool spot (indirect heat). If you have propane as an additional heat source, keep a burner on low flame or off completely.
- Cook the chicken bone side down for 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked completely. Do not flip to the skin side for more than a moment or two (and closely monitor if you do), because the spices will burn. The chicken is done when it is 165º F in the thickest part. Serve warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!