If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a twofold recipe and requires a juicer.
It sounds a little bizarre but this is honestly more delicious than you could believe and is a fantastic way of boosting your intake of veggies. Because the vegetables have had their juice removed, the sandwich isn't soggy and because of the high fibre content, this is very filling. —Clare Cooney
- 1 Beetroot, scrubbed.
- 2 Carrots
- 3 stems celery
- 0.5 juice of half a lime
- Run the veggies through your juicer, stir and squeeze your lime juice in.
- Retrieve your pulp.
- 1 your veggie pulp from the juicer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or nut oil - whatever you prefer
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt. Omit for vegan. You could add some mashed avocado instead if you wanted.
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce or chilli jam - or mango chutney - whatever you have to hand
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 scallions / spring onions, chopped. or a quantity of red onion, diced.
- 1 Flatbread / wrap or pitta. Use a GF one if required (see my recipe for GF wraps)
- 0.5 the juice from the other half of that lime.
- Stir all the remaining ingredients together and spread over a wrap. There may be more mixture than you need for one wrap - it will keep for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Drink the juice and eat the sandwich!