Author Notes: This bright, lively, and herby soup takes advantage of the summer bounty of peas and mint. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
yellow onion, chopped
celery ribs, chopped
cups vegetable broth
cups fresh peas
cup parsley, chopped
cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
crème fraîche for serving
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add in onion and celery and cook for 7-8 minutes, until tender. Stir in vegetable broth and peas. Cook until peas are just slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Add in mint and parsley.
- Using an immersion blender or a food processor, puree the mixture until smooth.
- Add heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste. If the soup is too thick, add additional vegetable broth.
- Serve warm or let cool for 20 minutes and serve with a dollop of crème fraîche.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup