If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This bright, lively, and herby soup takes advantage of the summer bounty of peas and mint. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5-6 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups fresh peas
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- crème fraîche for serving
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add in onion and celery and cook for 7-8 minutes, until tender. Stir in vegetable broth and peas. Cook until peas are just slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Add in mint and parsley.
- Using an immersion blender or a food processor, puree the mixture until smooth.
- Add heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste. If the soup is too thick, add additional vegetable broth.
- Serve warm or let cool for 20 minutes and serve with a dollop of crème fraîche.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup