If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Man, this sandwich... The combination of cream cheese and carrot caramelized in soy sauce might sound weird, but it's pretty amazing. The bread is crunchy, the carrot is half sweet, half salty from the soy sauce and the cheese is creamy and delicious. Yum!
—Ana Sonali Queiroz
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread (or ciabatta)
- 1/2 carrot
- 2 tablespoons ream cheese
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 handful alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- Toast the slices however you want to. In case you prefer, use ciabatta instead of slices of a regular loaf.
- Slice the carrot very finely. I used a mandoline. Cook the carrot with the soy sauce on a frying pan for about 2 minutes. Don’t cook too much, or the carrot will lose its structure and crunchiness.
- Spread the cream cheese on a slice and arrange the carrot on top. Close and sandwich and that’s it! Now you eat!