If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Overnight oatmeal makes a healthy breakfast packed with protein and soluble fibre. It is perfect in the Summer when it is too hot for porridge.
You need to prepare it the night before so the oats soak properly. This is a no-cook, gluten-free, quick and versatile breakfast option, where you can pile on your favourite fruits. You can also easily take it with you if you have breakfast on-the-go.
Here I have added some chia seeds. You can buy them in the health shop. They boost high levels of protein, calcium and fibre.
To make vanilla sugar just place some caster sugar in a jar with 1 or 2 vanilla pods in. Leave in you pantry and use as needed. (Alternatively you mix some vanilla seeds with some caster sugar).
Peach and blackberry add a real Summer punch. Enjoy! —The Flexitarian
cups rolled oats
cups oat milk
tablespoons chia seeds
1 to 2
teaspoons vanilla sugar (or sugar + vanilla seeds) to taste
few mint leaves
- Pour milk, oats and chia seeds in a tupperware. Shake well. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to use, mix the oats and chia seeds so that all liquid is absorbed.
- Sweeten to taste with vanilla sugar.
- Share evenly between two bowls.
- Top with fruits and almonds. Sprinkle mint leaves if desired.