If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I looked no further than my daughter's driveway garden (the only reliably sunny spot in our city lot) for the inspiration for this soup — gorgeous cucumbers and leafy parsley. A quick spin in the blender with a few other ingredients makes for a clean, tasty and surprisingly filling summer soup. The yogurt and almonds give it some heft and the olive oil a little fruitiness. Fresh and delicious. —Laurie
- 4 cups cucumber (appx. 2), peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, packed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic. chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted in a hot pan or oven
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Put everything except 2 tablespoons of the almonds into a blender and process until smooth-ish. it won't be silky smooth — kind of textured. Garnish with remaining almonds and a little additional yogurt, if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup