If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bursting with earthy, rustic and sweet flavours, this hearty soup is the perfect way to capture the colours of spring and summer. Recipe courtesy - Nanditha Suresh, a dear friend who makes the best soups in the world. —Dhanya Samuel
- 1 Green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 Red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 1 Red onion, cubed
- 3 Garlic cloves, unpeeled
- to season Salt
- to season black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- to garnish fresh cream
- Set the oven to 220°C.
- Place all the vegetables along with the garlic cloves in a baking tray. Season with salt, pepper and dried oregano. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and toss the vegetables to evenly coat with the seasoning.
- Roast the veggies in the oven for 30 minutes. Take out the tray and turn the vegetables halfway through the roasting time.
- Place 3 cups of water in a pan and bring to boil.
- In the meantime, peel the skin off the capsicum while still warm and add to the water along with the onions. Squeeze out the garlic from the outer covering into the water.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes and then turn the stove off. Blend using a hand blender or mixie to get a smooth consistency.
- Taste the soup and season if necessary. Serve hot with a dollop of fresh cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup