If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple recipe packs a serious punch when it comes to flavor and nutrition. Spicy watercress is perfectly balanced by lovely spuds for a perfect quick and easy soup. —Roots n' Greens
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 500 milliliters vegetable stock
- 4-5 small potatoes chopped (with or without skins is up to you I generally go with skins)
- 100 grams watercress
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Saute onion and garlic in margarine on low/medium heat until onions are soft.
- Add coarsely chopped potatoes and stock to pan, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover for about 10 minutes or until the the potatoes fall off the fork when you give them a poke.
- When the potatoes are soft, add the watercress to the pan and stir until the leaves wilt into the spuds.
- Add the almond milk and stir for another minute or so.
- Remove pan from heat and blend mixture into a soup using a hand blender or tabletop blender.
- Once smooth, return to heat and stir for another minute or so before serving.
- Grab some bowls and dig in.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup