Author Notes: Simple recipe packs a serious punch when it comes to flavor and nutrition. Spicy watercress is perfectly balanced by lovely spuds for a perfect quick and easy soup. —Roots n' Greens
medium yellow onion, chopped
tablespoon vegan margarine
milliliters vegetable stock
small potatoes chopped (with or without skins is up to you I generally go with skins)
tablespoons almond milk
- Saute onion and garlic in margarine on low/medium heat until onions are soft.
- Add coarsely chopped potatoes and stock to pan, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover for about 10 minutes or until the the potatoes fall off the fork when you give them a poke.
- When the potatoes are soft, add the watercress to the pan and stir until the leaves wilt into the spuds.
- Add the almond milk and stir for another minute or so.
- Remove pan from heat and blend mixture into a soup using a hand blender or tabletop blender.
- Once smooth, return to heat and stir for another minute or so before serving.
- Grab some bowls and dig in.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup