Author Notes: I love a good pumpkin soup during winter, it’s vibrant colour reminds me of the summer sun, and that thought warms me. The addition of walnuts and Himalayan salt makes this soup a rich, filling and nourishing treat! —Cle-ann
whole walnuts (or a really good handful of shelled walnuts)
Japanese (or Kent) pumpkin, skin on, cleaned & seeds removed
Himalayan crystal salt, to taste
- Crack and remove walnuts and pop nuts into food processor and process until smooth.
- Roughly chop pumpkin, onions, potatoes, garlic and add to a pot. Cover with enough water to nearly cover the top of veg.
- Bring to boil, stir through walnut mix and season with Himalayan salt to your taste, then simmer until all veg are soft.
- Blend until smooth with a stick blender or large food processor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup