If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a good pumpkin soup during winter, it’s vibrant colour reminds me of the summer sun, and that thought warms me. The addition of walnuts and Himalayan salt makes this soup a rich, filling and nourishing treat! —Cle-ann
- 8-10 whole walnuts (or a really good handful of shelled walnuts)
- 1/4 Japanese (or Kent) pumpkin, skin on, cleaned & seeds removed
- 2 onions
- 2 potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- Himalayan crystal salt, to taste
- Crack and remove walnuts and pop nuts into food processor and process until smooth.
- Roughly chop pumpkin, onions, potatoes, garlic and add to a pot. Cover with enough water to nearly cover the top of veg.
- Bring to boil, stir through walnut mix and season with Himalayan salt to your taste, then simmer until all veg are soft.
- Blend until smooth with a stick blender or large food processor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup