Author Notes: This is a dense, subtly sweet cupcake with a buttercream frosting. Very simple to make and very delicious. As a fun alternative, swap out the vanilla extract for Irish cream. For the science behind this recipe and other recipes, visit DarkChocolateAlchemist.com —Alchemist
cups AP Flour
cup cocoa powder
teaspoons Baking powder
teaspoon Baking soda
tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
cup whole milk
- Mix the dry ingredients
- Whisk the wet ingredients
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- For buttercream frosting, cream 6 tbs of room temp butter with 6 oz of cream cheese. Then mix in 3 cups of confectioner's sugar and the vanilla extract.