Author Notes: This is a dense, subtly sweet cupcake with a buttercream frosting. Very simple to make and very delicious. As a fun alternative, swap out the vanilla extract for Irish cream. For the science behind this recipe and other recipes, visit DarkChocolateAlchemist.com —Alchemist
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- Mix the dry ingredients
- Whisk the wet ingredients
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- For buttercream frosting, cream 6 tbs of room temp butter with 6 oz of cream cheese. Then mix in 3 cups of confectioner's sugar and the vanilla extract.