If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Save some summer for later to relish at the open fire... —Alice ter Meulen
Serves flexible numbers of mouths
- ±1 pounds ripe, yellow/pink mirabelles plums
- 1 handful whole cloves
- two teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 grams green fennel seeds
- 1 sprig cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey (liquid)
- 1.5 pints Cuban rum
- Clean and wash the mirabelles, taking care you only use the best ones without blemishes, and put them in a glass container (so you can see how they 'ripen'). Add a stick of cinnamon, a handful of whole cloves, some green fennel seeds (if you have them), and stir two teaspoonfuls of vanilla bean paste into 1.5 pint of good quality Cuban rum with some honey according to taste. Pour the rum over the plums. close and shake well. Let this sit in a visible place in your kitchen. so you can enjoy the pre-pleasures of seeing them ripen (± 3 months, unless you're too hungry...).