If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 6 to 8 as a side dish
- 7 large carrots
- Half a bunch of flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Clean and peel carrots, then grate them finely with a box grater or food processor.
- Make a dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, and sugar with a pinch of salt and pepper. Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Toss the carrots with the dressing and the parsley. Be careful not to over-dress; as David says, "the carrots should be moistened and glistening, not swimming in dressing."
- Garnish with cubed avocado. Serve promptly.