Author Notes: My Grandmother, Grace, served this soup every summer using zucchini from her garden.
I've never found a better cold soup!!! During the summer, I serve this soup in "shooter" glasses for appetizers! Pretty green color and Yummy! —Deborah Fabricant
Fresh Zucchini, Sliced into 1/2 " pieces
cups Chopped Onions
teaspoons Wine Vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
Chicken Bouillon cubes
tablespoons Cream of Wheat (not instant)
pint Sour Cream
- Heat a large saucepan or dutch oven, add butter and sauté onions until transparent.
- Add zucchini, wine vinegar, water and bouillon cubes. Stir to dissolve bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil and add Cream of Wheat. Cook partially covered for 20-25 minutes
- Blend soup in a blender in batches, being careful to not fill the blender too full. Place blended soup in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream to dilute, the add to soup. It is fine to add sour cream when blending the soup, as well.
- Stir until well blended and chill. Garnish with an additional dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup