If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Grandmother, Grace, served this soup every summer using zucchini from her garden.
I've never found a better cold soup!!! During the summer, I serve this soup in "shooter" glasses for appetizers! Pretty green color and Yummy! —Deborah Fabricant
Fresh Zucchini, Sliced into 1/2 " pieces
cups Chopped Onions
teaspoons Wine Vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
Chicken Bouillon cubes
tablespoons Cream of Wheat (not instant)
pint Sour Cream
- Heat a large saucepan or dutch oven, add butter and sauté onions until transparent.
- Add zucchini, wine vinegar, water and bouillon cubes. Stir to dissolve bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil and add Cream of Wheat. Cook partially covered for 20-25 minutes
- Blend soup in a blender in batches, being careful to not fill the blender too full. Place blended soup in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream to dilute, the add to soup. It is fine to add sour cream when blending the soup, as well.
- Stir until well blended and chill. Garnish with an additional dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup