If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I grew up on this soup and it's taken me a while to master the recipe, in fact I think Grandma managed to make it a lot more fluro but this definitely hits the spot. I've converted many a sceptic! Try it for yourself. —Anna Barnett
- 1 White Onion - Diced
- 3 Large Iceberg Lettuces
- 1/2 Fresh Nutmeg- Finely grated
- 1 Large pinches Sea Salt
- 1 pint Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 pint Milk - Semi Skimmed
- Generous Sprinkle Of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley
- 350g Lambs Lettuce
- Drizzle Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Ripe Hass Avocado - Sliced
- 50 grams Parmesan (Vegetarian Style) - FInely grated
- Start by sweating off the onions in a glug of oil, cook until translucent.
- Wash and roughly chop all iceberg lettuce and allow to cook fro 5-8 minutes until the lettuce wilts. Add the nutmeg, sea salt, vegetable stock and milk and cook for a further 10 minutes on a medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the black pepper, parsley and lambs lettuce and blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Taste for further seasoning (I like extra pepper) and serve with a couple of slices of avocado, a sprinkle of finely grated Parmesan and a drizzle of extra virgin oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup