If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't love deviled eggs? I have been adding ingredients from the green market throughout the summer. Smashed fava beans added with fresh garlic confit was eaten so fast I never got a picture. so be inventive. Add anything you fancy. : you can double triple quadruple this recipe for a crowd. —zeldie
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Red or white Spring or summer onions (a little larger then golf balls)or one sweet onion
- 1 Corn on the cob
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne or paprika or best; Izak n.37 from laboiteaepice.com
- Cover eggs with cold water in saucepan; bring to boil; turn off heat; cover; let sit 8 minutes; run under cold water and dump ice cubes into pot so eggs cool off fast : peel and set aside
- While eggs are in 8 minute bath ; slice onions thinly
- Heat up 10"sauté pan with 2 tablespoon corn oil or olive oil or any oil you like or have handy; throw in piece of onion; if it sizzles throw in all the onions and immediately reduce the heat to low. Flip, stir or just smoosh the onions around. Add salt and pepper; leave on low heat for 15 minutes
- Into bowl With sharp knife slice off the corn from the cob; run the flat side of knife down against naked cob to make sure all the corn milk is extracted
- Add corn and all liquid to onions in the skillet ; toss around and continue sautéing on low flame another 15-20 min till the onions are soft and caramel color. It's ok if some pieces are browned. Taste for seasoning; try not to eat it all as this is super delicious .
- Slice eggs in half and scoop yolks into bowl; add 1/2 or all onion corn sauté; you can use 1/2 as side dish or save for pasta. smash all together w fork : add 1 tablespoon mayo or olive oil.
- Optional ; Add any herb; I like flat leaf parsley, 2-3 basil leaves and a leaf or two of mint or spearmint or lemon balm.
- Taste for seasoning; Scoop yolk mix back into egg white shells. Smooth top and make pretty with fork tines; place on platter.