If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Super Simple BBQ Chicken —Anna Barnett
- 1 Large Organic Chicken (I always try and go with the best quality you can afford and try and avoid buying from supermarkets)
- 1 Glug of Olive Oil
Hot Chicken Rub
- 2 teaspoons Hot smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 2 pinches Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Generous pinches Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 handful Dried/Fresh Oregano Flowers/Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- Remove any string from the bird and rinse, place in a pan and drizzle with olive oil then combine all the hot rub ingredients together and sprinkle over and rub into the skin and legs of the bird.
- Allow to marinate if you have time for an hour or so or transfer straight to a hot BBQ. Place the lid on the BBQ and cook it breast side up- this saves the breast from burning . Cook for 20-25minutes and then slice into the thigh and side of the breast to see how thoroughly it's cooked through. Only serve when the juice from the chicken runs clear.
- Cook for a further ten minutes and check again. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. You can also keep it warm on a higher shelf over the BBQ while you cook any sausages or vegetables.