If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great soup for summer as it is light and healthy and served cold. Watercress contains significant amounts of iron, calcium, iodine, and folic acid, in addition to vitamins A and C. Because it is relatively rich in Vitamin C. —sophie
liter Chicken Stock
tablespoons rapeseed/canola oil
small onion, finely chopped
grams watercress blanched
stalk of leek chopped in strips
cup heavy cream
Amaranth pops and some fresh leaves of watercress for decoration
- Prepare your chicken stock, or use store bought chicken stock, blanch your watercress: by cooking for 2 min in boiling water then transferring to ice water - this helps keep the color bright green.
- The onions and the leeks are sautéed in butter, the warm soup added, simmer on medium heat until all the leeks are tender, 12 min appr. Take the soup off the heat. Blend on high speed, leave no clumps!
- The blanched Watercress goes into the blender and with the help of the rapeseed oil mixed into a bright green paste!
- This paste is added to the creamy soup (NO more cooking from now on, only gently heating) and once again blended, add the cream, mix again, salt and chili and garnish shortly before eating with the Amaranth Pops and the fresh sprig of watercress.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup