If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’m a huge fan of a tomato based drink and being able to combine a spiced up tomato juice with some of my favourite spirits couldn’t make me happier. It’s practically a meal in a glass that has the rejuvenating qualities you may be looking for after a large night out (that’s not to say you can’t enjoy one of these without a hangover!) One you may not have tried yet is the Michelada. Originating from Mexico, the Michelada is a light, tasty drink where you swap spirit for lager. It may not sound like it would work but trust me, it’s a refreshing, thirst quenching version of a Bloody Mary and is perfect for summer. —Anna Barnett
Spicy Tomato Juice Ingredients
- 250ml Per drink/ 1-1.5litres of good quality tomato juice
- 2 Heaped tablespoons of hot creamed horseradish
- Big glug of Worcester sauce
- Big glug of Tabasco
- Dash of dry sherry or red wine
- Juice of 2 limes
- Big sprinkle of white and black pepper
- Smoked Chilli Salt Ingredients 1 Lime – Cut in half and used to rub the rim of each glass
- ½ Teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 Teaspoons of smoked salt flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon of celery salt
- Serve with 3-4 Ice cubes per glass to serve
- Lemon slice per glass
- Garnish with Cornichons / Olives / Jalapeños /Cherries/ Celery /Rosemary
Depending on your favourite tipple add:
- Bloody Mary – A double shot of good quality vodka per glass
- Bloody Maria – A double shot of tequila per glass
- Red Snapper – A double shot of gin per glass
- Michelada – Fill glass with a third spicy tomato mix and two thirds lager (trust me it works)
- Combine all tomato juice ingredients thoroughly and taste just in case you need to adjust the seasoning. Add more Tabasco or white pepper for extra kick or extra Worcester sauce for depth of flavor.
- Take half a lime and rub the rim of each glass. On a separate plate mix the smoked chilli salt ingredients then place the rim of the glass into the salt mix, turn the glass in the mixture until you have an even coating round the rim of the glass. Add in the ice cubes followed by a slice of lemon (squeeze it when adding to the glass). Pour in your chosen alcohol followed by the tomato juice, stir, garnish and serve.