If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is all about quality of ingredients so make sure you opt for the best and most ripe versions of everything listed, it will honestly make all the difference. Recipes don’t get simpler than this one so as soon as the suns out and you feel like pretending you’re somewhere Mediterranean get cooking this. It’s perfect just as it is or as an accompaniment to a large serving of pasta. —Anna Barnett
- 6-8 Large ripe tomatoes (Yellow, Orange and Green are all in season so experiment and mix it up a bit)– Slice into quarters
- Generous pinches Salt and white and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Cloves of garlic – Crushed and finely chopped
- 100 grams Capers (add a glug of the vinegar from the jar too)
- 1 handful Parsley- Finely sliced
- 1 handful Basil leaves – Roughly torn
- 250-300 grams Goats cheese (vegetarian) – Roughly broken up
- Big splashes White wine vinegar
- Generous Gglug of extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the fresh ripe tomatoes and place in a large serving bowl or plate and season.
- Throw in the chopped garlic, capers, vinegar from the capers, parsley and basil followed by the crumbled goats cheese. Add a big glug of white wine vinegar and roughly mix so all flavours combine and then drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and a little extra seasoning.
- Serve straight away- mop up left over oil and vinegar with a big hunk of sourdough. No part of this dish should go to waste.