If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i got inspired to do this fresh, light, sweet, tangy soup mixing thai ingredients and watermelon to bring up refreshing to the end of the summer. —Sandra
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 cup melon, cubed
- 1 large beefsteak tomato,or 2 medium israeli tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 italian green pepper or 1 hungarian white pepper , seeded and chopped
- 2 kirby cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped , save some for garnish
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- mint leaves
- cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and minced (optional)
- salt and peeper to taste
- In a blender combine the first 6 ingredients from ingredient list, puree it until smooth. Mix in the fish sauce , lime juice and extra virgin olive oil. Refrigerate the soup until well chilled. Season the soup with salt and pepper and serve it into bowls. Top the soup with diced cucumber, chopped mint and cilantro and a sprinkle of minced jalapeño. Enjoy it with piece of baguette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup